Olaf Snowman Snack by Joy
I made this healthy, real food snack for my 3 daughters who are allergic to nuts. Here’s how to do it:
Caprese Salad Snowman Snack
1) 3 slices of organic tomato (small, medium, larger size)
2) 3 slices of mozzarella cheese cut out using cookie cutter, stencil cutter or this type of tool by an adult only (affiliate link)
3) 3 freshly picked organic basil leaves
4) 1 piece of cooked no-nitrate bacon
5) 2 black olives
6) Scrap of an orange bell pepper
1) Lay the 3 tomatoes on the plate first small, medium, then large.
2) Place the basil leaves over each tomato.
3) Adult cut the snowman shape or use shape stencil (or just do small, medium, large circles for ease) from the mozzarella cheese and place on top of basil.
4) Use scraps of cooked bacon for the arms, mouth, and scrap of hair.
5) Use scrap of mozzarella for the teeth and feet.
6) Use a drinking straw to push through the black olives, remove the small olive circles, and use the small circle shapes as buttons and eyes.
7) Use scrap of orange bell pepper for the nose.
My kids loved building this snowman with me! And most importantly, they loved eating this real food snack. I never told them it was a Caprese Salad, that was just between me and the snowman!
You also might like these:
Have you seen some of my other snacks featured in San Diego Family Magazine’s Snacking with Joy? Check them out here! ~ Joy