Snowman Caprese Salad
This super simple and healthy Caprese salad snowman snack was featured in San Diego Family Magazine’s Snacking with Joy! This recipe was created with my 3 daughters as an easy alternative to our Olaf snack. Caprese salads are SO delicious and we love picking fresh basil from our garden to add to this recipe. Here’s how to do it!
Simple Snowman Caprese Salad Snack by Joy
1) 3 slices of organic tomato
2) 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese cut into 3 slices about 1/4 inch thick
3) 3 black olives
4) 3 freshly picked organic basil leaves
5) 1 piece of cooked no-nitrate bacon
1) Place 3 slices of tomato on a plate, use nested size circle cutters like this one (affiliate link)
2) Place 3 slices of similar sized mozzarella cheese on top of each tomato slice
3) Place the 3 basil leaves on top of each circle, positioning them like a belt, scarf, and snow hat.
4) Use a drinking straw to push through the olive and remove the small circles for the buttons and eyes. Slice one olive in half for the feet.
5) Use scraps of bacon for arms, a scrap of tomato for the mouth, and a scrap of cheese for the ball at the end of the snow hat. (an adult can use kitchen scissors to cut the bacon).
That’s it! We sprinkle Sea Salt and peper over the top of this fun and healthy snack to “let it snow!” My 2 year old ate it up before her big sisters came back in the room!! Great for kids or a holiday party.
You also might like: