Shape Sailboat Snack
Printable Recipe Below: Scroll Down to Print
I have a Little who is learning her shapes. She likes boats. She likes sandwiches that stick together. You guessed it, she is preschool age. SO, I created this healthy and fun snack just for her! PS: She is allergic to nuts ~ this is allergy friendly!
We also just happened to be doing a unit on water, ocean life, and respecting natural habitats so this snack fit in nicely with our summer home learning lessons! We went to the pier and watched boats dock. We watched the seals play at the cove. We discussed safe boating practices that can protect marine life. By the time we came home, she was definitely ready for a snack. Do I always match our snacks to our learning? Not always, but when I do, they sure remember it ~ and EAT it! This healthy, educational snack was no exception! She is also studying shapes in her review unit. I tied them both together and we set sail!
Do you want to know how easy this was to make? Watch and Print the Recipe below for this EASY Shape Sailboat Snack!
Step 1: Make whatever sandwich you want your child to try today. When snacks are fun, my kids try them!!
Easy Sandwich Ideas:
Sunflower seed butter on gluten free bread
Homemade jam puree on gluten free bread
Quality cheese on your bread of choice (toasted)
Step 2: Print the recipe below and set sail!! Easy, healthy, fun, allergy friendly!!
My girls and I love creating fun, healthy, allergy friendly snacks that help kids set sail into new waters. Often trying new foods is a part of food allergies.
Food allergies exist. But we make them fun! ~ Joy
Print Recipe Instructions Below
- 1 Round Plate
- 1 Set of Shape Cutters
- 1 Sandwich of your choice (Sunflower Seed Butter / Homemade Fruit Puree / Quality Cheese on Toast, For allergies: Use gluten free bread)
- Handful of Dried Cranberries
- 1 Celery Stick
- 6 Grapes
- Cut out shapes from allergy friendly sandwich of choice.
- Boat Bottom: Place cranberries on the bottom curve of the round plate.
- Boat Top:Add your sailboat shapes to make the top of boat.
- Mast: Celery stalk
- Sail: Cut 3 grapes in half and add all halves to make the triangle sail.
- That's it!! Happy Sailing, Happy Eating, Happy Learning!
- My daughter LOVES this Shape Sailing Snack and we hope you enjoy the adventure as well!